Reporting on recently breached SLAs with JIRA Service Desk

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2013

I am trying to create an SLA reporting for one of our customers. I am trying to create a filter and subscribe team leaders group to that filter so they get DAILY mail messages about SLA breaches.

Reporting on issues that are close to breach are easy to report. That is no problem. My problem is with issues that has recently breached their SLA targets. If I create a filter with the following JQL I can get all Issues with their SLAs breached.

( "Time to resolution" = completed() AND "Time to resolution" = breached() )

But this filter keeps building up. It shows all past issues. Reporting on SLA breaches of last week or last month makes no sense. Whatever happened has happened there. I need to filter out recent SLA breaches.

How can I filter issues that have their SLAs breached during the last 24 hours?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Mylonas May 19, 2014

Oh yeah that was short of me :)

How about "Time to resolution" < 0

That's what I'm using. I'm semi-working on it today/tomorrow but I'm not very imaginitive with what reports people want ... I get my work done ;)

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2014

Yes, that is more promising if used in conjunction with created date. Something like:

created > -2d and "Time to resolution" < remaining ("-1d")

Issues that were opened in the last two days and "Time To Resolution" was breached less that a day ago. Still not exactly what I am asking for but seems to do the trick.

Like STANISLAV likes this
Jeremy February 5, 2017

I am having the exact same challenge and have yet to find a better solution/work around.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please post.

Thanks!

0 votes
Chris Mylonas May 19, 2014

Hi Emre,

Add created >= "-1d"

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
May 19, 2014

Hi,

Yes this can filter out most of the issues but it is based on creation date, not SLA completion date. I gave an example in the question with one SLA for the sake of simplicity and this works with one SLA definition but it fails if I try to do the filter with two SLA definitions with different SLA target durations.

On the other hand, it is better than nothing. Thanks anyway.

Suggest an answer