Reporting on previous day

Devin Ponda June 1, 2022

Can anyone tell me why this filter "resolution = Done AND resolutiondate > -1d" doesn't show me ALL tickets from the previous day?

It seems to accounting for time of day closed instead of just using the day as specified.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a better way?  This just doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks,

Devin

2 answers

0 votes
Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2022

Hi @Devin Ponda

Measure "Issues resolved" is the right one for this report. It groups issues by their resolution date.

The recommended approach is to use it together with the "Time" dimension to see how many issues were resolved on each date. For more dynamic report use, you might want to define relative date members in the Time dimension to filter data for specific periods.

For this particular report you might try this approach:

1) To compare each day's data with the previous day's data (Jun 3 to Jun 2, Jun 2 to Jun 1, Jun 1 to May 31, etc.), you might want to use the standard calculation. Click on column"Issues resolved" header and chose options Add calculated -> Time ago -> Previous period

Please see the eazyBI documentation for more detailed instructions: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Addstandardcalculationsbasedonaselectedmeasure

2) Set the "Time" dimension on rows and represent data at the day level. And set "Time" also on pages to filter period of interest, for example, current week or previous week (https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Pagedimensions).

3) For this report, you might want to define a new calculated measure in measures to represent the weekday name for each date. The expression looks like this:

[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Week day name')

On the other hand, the dimension "Week Day" would make the report hard to read as it groups data by actual resolution date.

The report might look like the picture below.

eazyBI resolved issue compared to previous day.png

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Because -1d means "1 day ago", not "yesterday"

Try

> startofday(-1)

Devin Ponda June 2, 2022

Thanks for the response Nic, but I don't think this is how it should work. How do I get just a previous  (specific) day?  How do I drill down into reporting/data points if I can't choose an accurate time frame?

I've been trialing EazyBI, but I'd prefer to not have to buy yet another app, and this product simply breaks down the Issue Resolved or Issue Resolved Count by day.  The data is there, so either I'm missing something in Jira or it just doesn't have this capability...which seems horribly wrong.

Screenshot 2022-06-02 100952.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "an accurate time frame".

00:00:00 to 23:59:59 ( > startofday and < endofday) or "from this time yesterday to now" (resolutiondate > -1d) seem like very accurate measures to me.

You can select for a specific day by simply stating it - resolutiondate = yyyy/MM/dd

Devin Ponda June 2, 2022

(resolutiondate > -1d)  does not show me the previous day.

I want to dynamically see the previous day or the previous 7 days, but not previous day to current time.

Thanks again for the response,

Devin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Ah, hang on, I've missed something.

Could you try "resolved" instead of "resolution date"?

Devin Ponda June 3, 2022

Tried that as well, but it does the same thing. 

This one shows Screenshot 2022-06-03 085914.png

Screenshot 2022-06-03 085933.pngWhen I change it to Resolved > -3d it then shows me 5 from 6/2 and 3 from 6/1. D doesn't equal days as in the start and end of a day.  Just appears that I can't do this with Jira functionality. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2022

I can't say that I understand your numbers (is 6/2 the sixth day of February, as 99.94% of the world reads it), but your report looks right to me.   I think we need some more examples of reports that do not work for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events