Reporting on issue resolution for more than one person

Kev Roberts June 17, 2013

I’m trying to do some reporting on productivity measures for individuals in our team who use JIRA. The 2 measures I’ve been asked to look at are:

1. Number of issues resolved in a given time period, e.g. last 7d, last 30d and last 90d
  2. Number of issues that were reopened in the same time period, I.e. they were passed back from either code review or testing

The idea is that the first measure gives an measure of speed and the second gives a measure of quality.

I can do these reports for the whole project no problem with the queries like the ones below:

1. Resolved <= -7d
  2. Status was Reopened AFTER -7d

The challenge is that I want to be able to do these reports at the individual level as well.

Again I can do this for any specific individual with queries like:

1. Resolved <= -7d and Status was Resolved by kevinrob
  2. Status was Reopened AFTER -7d and Status was Resolved by kevinrob

Both of these will give reports for the individual that Resolved the issue, i.e. the one who did the development work, but I have to do an explicit query for each individual which is a lot of work for 40+ people and also it doesn’t allow me to do combine the results of the individual queries for comparison / collation of many people.

What I would like to do is to be able to use a general query without specifying the individual but then be able to sort / analyse the filter results based on the individual that Resolved each issue. I know the information is in the system as I can see it in the transitions tab as the Last Executor of the transition to Resolved, but I can’t get at that field in the results of the filters above.

Can anyone help me with suggestions on who to achieve this kind of Resolution based reporting across a whole team please?

Thanks

Kev

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

Create the filter as you have already done and use the Pie Chart or the filter statistics gadget to report them based on assignee (and maybe issuetype in the latter?).

Kev Roberts June 17, 2013

The assignee field doesn't work as that shows who the issue is assigned to at the time the report is run. I want to report on the person that resolved the issue - they usually assign it someone else once the development work is complete

Suggest an answer