Reporting for storty points vs logged hours.

Nandish Ajani January 1, 2018

Hi guys,
We use story points as an estimation for our internal purpose where 1h = 1 story points. Now I know that it's not the correct way to do it but since it is for our own purpose I think we can do it. I request all the devs to log the hours once it is done and moved to ready for QA. Now I want a report that maps hours logged vs story points assigned. 

I did some research and found that there is an addon for it "rekall" but that has been archived. 

IS there any alternative solution for this? 

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hi,

There's a field called "timespent" which you can query on and the Story point as well.

That being said if you'd like a more sophisticated reporting with the gap between both for instance, you'd need to have calculated fields, and a reporting engine. There are various plugins for that (EazyBI is my favorite) or you can simply use Excel if you don't need live data! You might want to leverage the Original Estimated field as well (could be filled automatically via scripting based on Story Points?).

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Suggest an answer