Reporting for a Service Desk Customer

Nathaniel Erlandson September 7, 2016

This covers what are a few questions, but I'm hoping someone could shed some light on Service Desk's capabilities here.

I'm aware that a service desk customer can only see their own tickets, with their only access being to the service desk portal and their ticket list screen. The issue is that our company has a lot of managers that will essentially want access to see everyones' tickets, as well as to the dashboard for reporting. So our idea is to make this fairly small number of users service desk agents and limit their access somewhat, so they can see their group's tickets and use the reporting tools.

So I'm wondering, is there any other way do do this besides just setting them as an agent? I wasn't sure if there were other permissions/groups I could set where these users could access other things without using a license, but I'm assuming that's a no. It just seems to me like there should be a different tier of a service desk customer - one where a user has a bit more access than to just the portal.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2016

Atlassian is currently pursuing this capability, but it is not complete yet. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-270

Now, in my opinion: If you're willing to make them Agents, you should just make them JIRA Users (not agents) and make sure they have a filter to see the right issues.

Nathaniel Erlandson September 8, 2016

So you're saying just make them a JIRA Core user? I tried that, but the user is unable to see the service desk project within the dashboard. They only see Software/Business projects currently. So I'm not sure if there is a workaround there of if I'm setting the user wrong. Also, I tried to add that user as a service desk customer, and I'm unable to pull up the service desk request screen off their main page. The Create Issue function only pulls up issue requests for the software projects.

Thanks again for the input, I think I'm halfway there, just maybe not grasping the full concept

Suggest an answer