Reporting for Work logs

Deleted user July 16, 2012

Hello,

I am tasked with reporting "Time Spent" in JIRA on a monthly basis based on certain parameters. For example, using the "Workload Pie Chart" or "Pie Chart" report options I am displaying:

1. Time Logged (through sub-tasks) by Project (Projects are split by our clients)

2. Time Logged (through sub-tasks) by Category of work (custom field)

3. Time Logged (through sub-tasks) by Assignee

We are using JIRA so that the parent issues act as the project and then the sub-tasks are essentially the project schedule that each resource logs their time to for their particular phase of the project.

The reporting I am using currently isn't working though. The only way I can filter by date to get the issues with work logged for that month is by using the "Updated date" field. This isn't providing accurate numbers as sub-tasks often get updated for comments, new due dates, resolving, etc. that don't fall in line with when the work for that sub-task was logged. Also, if time is logged within the same sub-task over the course of two months, the time would count towards the 2nd month (because that was when it was last updated) and not split based on each instance of work logged.

My question is, is there anyway to report based on the "Time Started" time stamp people have to enter when logging their work in a sub-task? It seems as though most of the information is available in the "Timesheet Report," but I'm looking to get the information aggregate for everyone in my department and in a pie chart report.

If this isn't possible, do you have any suggestions for how I can manipulate the JIRA infrastructure to provide me with the proper reporting?

2 answers

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Have you looked into this plugin? I often use it to get accurate time reports based on when the time entries were logged (not when the task was last updated). of course, the plug in doesn't have a pie chart widget, but it provides a decent tabular widget that might do the trick.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin

0 votes
Ian Mayoh April 25, 2013

Agreed. Would like to be able to do this too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events