Reporting at Epic level

Eshan Salpadoru November 28, 2017

Hi All,

I have a requirement to display the progress of an Epic either in terms of percentage of story points completed or time spent over time estimated. Is there an easy way to do this? I would have thought this is a must have built in functionality. Any tips are much appreciated. 

Regards,

Eshan

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Eshan,

I have seen a couple feature requests that resemble what you're trying to do:

JSWSERVER-12717

JSWSERVER-12837

The second has since been closed as a duplicate of JSWSERVER-12717.  Please review JSWSERVER-12717 and vote on the issue to add impact for our developers to add this feature to JIRA in the future.

Alternatively you can also try the add-on Portfolio for JIRA which has the functionality to track progress and status:

Story point progress tracking

Story point progress is calculated from the estimates set in Jira application issues. Portfolio considers an issue "Completed" when it is assigned to any status of the "Done" category, e.g, green category. The progress of an epic is computed as:      

If your issues have no estimation. Progress is calculated based on the issue’s resolution field and the progress of child-issues.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer