Reporter with "Browse projects" permissions should see only Projects with his Issues in it

Denis Terebiy September 11, 2013

We need to give some of our customers access to some projects in our Jira. They don't need permissions to create issues in this projects (we have special "Support" project for it), but we want to allow them to see their (and only their own) issues, moved to some projects.

With "Browse projects" permission, given to "Reporter" we have almost everithing we need, but this permission allow customer to see all projects with this permission scheme, even if there is no customer's issues (they see empty project) in it.

Is there a way to limit view for Reporter? We don't want them to see Projects (even names) they have no relation to.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2013

You can use "issue security" to do this, creating a scheme that says "reporter" and then defaults, but that allows users to remove the security and it's a bit fiddly.

The better option is to do what Atlassian do in their support projects and use "current reporter browse" instead of just "reporter browse". This is disabled by default - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission

Denis Terebiy September 11, 2013

Thank you, Nic, second option do what we need.

I have created Role "External reporter", gave this role "Create issue" permission in "Default permission scheme", and now I can use this role to grant access.

Molly Favret January 7, 2014

Nic, I'm not sure I understand option 1. I have an issue security scheme set up already that gives permissions to certain groups. Are you saying all I need to do to acheive this result is add "Reporter" to the issue security scheme as well? I don't understand how this works, and option 2 is less ideal because I don't have access to change the code. Thanks!

Suggest an answer