Reporter not receiving issue created notification

Jan Evetts November 28, 2013

Hi,

I have a jira-user who is not receiving an issue created notification when he reports an issue, I can see a notification queued in mail queue but the user receives no notification. He does get an issue updated notification.

Thanks.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Check if his profile has "Notify for own changes" unchecked. If so, he won't get notifications for issues he created.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2013

@Jobin, user able to get issue update notifications that means he selected notify me as "Notify for own changes", is am correct??

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2013

Depends. What if the update is done by another user? ;)

0 votes
Ben Phillips September 5, 2019

I have the same issue. The issue is not with "own changes" either. The Reporter is listed to get notifications on all of the notification scheme operations. 

Steps:  

• 2 completely unique user accounts: Agent (fulfiller) and Customer (Reporter, member of a customer Org).
  • Agent opens a request for a Reporter.
  • Reporter does not get any notification.
  • Agent leaves updates (comments) or even state changes to the request
  • Reporter does not get any notification.

I can only get the reporter to receive notifications if the reporter opens the request themselves

Need help. Thanks

Decupere & Partners IT Team October 18, 2019

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Trena Norcia July 24, 2020

Is there an answer to this issue?

Johnny Lau September 8, 2020

It happens to my system too. Reporter will only receive notification if the ticket is raised via customer portal. 

In any case, if an agent tried to raise ticket on behalf of reporter via agent access/screen; Reporter will NOT get any notifications. 

Grace Rago October 19, 2020

@Johnny Lau  think your'e missing to set the 'Customer Request Type' value when creating the issue directly in the application. This field is usually set when created in the customer portal . For JSD, this field is required for customers to receive notifications.

See detailed explanation here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Reporter-does-not-recieve-notifications-for-issues-created-on/qaq-p/773661

0 votes
Pavandeep Ruprah May 14, 2019

Hi do we have a solution for this issue as we are experiencing the same.

Hjalti Glúmsson August 30, 2019

I have this situation for users who only have customer access, but not Jira Software access. They can be the reporter and mentioned in a comment, but they don't get notified since their only access is the customer access.

0 votes
Shell D August 7, 2018

Any solutions for this, we are having the same problem, but only with projects using the default notification scheme.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2014

Here the same problem. Tried the check/uncheck but doesn;'t seem to mind.

0 votes
Daniel Mazurkiewicz January 14, 2014

I have the same problem. Notification helper confirms receives notifications for the 'Issue Created' event but email doesn't come.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2013

is reporter configured for issue created event in notification scheme?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

and also you can check with notification helper

Suggest an answer