Reporter not receiving email update when issue is assigned

Nathaniel Erlandson October 24, 2016

Right now any other email notifications are working properly. Reporter gets emailed on ticket creation, comment, resolved statuses, etc. However, when I assign the issue, the reporter doesn't get that event emailed to them. I'm using the default notifications scheme which has Assigned Issue as one of the notifications, and reporter is one of the added users. What else can I check in here to determine what the underlying cause is?

2 answers

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2016

Have you added 'Assignee' against 'Issue Assigned' event in the Notification Scheme?

Is the Assignee getting any other notification while assigning to him?

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 24, 2016

Hi Nathaniel,

How do you assign a ticket? Do you use the Assigne operation or do you edit the issue and set the assignee?

Or perhaps you use a workflow transition and set the assignee in the popup dialog?

The way you assign an issue effects which event is fired.

The Issue Assigned event is only fired if you assign using the Assign operation from the issue screen.

If you edit and assign, Issue Updated event is fired. And finally if you assign via a transition, the event type set in the transition is fired which is not likely Issue Assigned.

Regards,

Tibor

Nathaniel Erlandson October 25, 2016

@Tibor Hegyi [META-INF], yes I'm using the Assign operation from the issue screen

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 25, 2016

Is the Reporter the person who assigns the issue?

Because in this case, the reporter user's profile setting "My changes: do not notify me" may cause that emails are not sent.

So if you test it yourself, please make sure you change your profile setting for the time of tests.

Nathaniel Erlandson October 26, 2016

Right now I'm using two separate users, one acting as the customer creating the issue, and the other as the service desk agent assigning the issue. I'm able to send test emails normally to different domains through the outgoing mail screen in jira, so I feel the issue must be on the JIRA side here.

Becky June 21, 2019

I have the same problem, so do you have any resolution for this?

Suggest an answer