Reporter not receiving email notifications from specific assignee

James Long June 29, 2017

I have one specfiic user in my enviroment (Rob) that no reporter seems to get email notifcations from when Rob comments on a ticket where he is the assginee.

I can't say how long this has been going on or whether it has ever worked when Rob has been an assignee since he is not overly active, but it has now come to my attention.

Things I have checked that suggest this should be working:

• Rob has been assigned a JIRA Service-Desk license
  • All reporters have access to view their own tickets they create via the customer portal
  • For the project, In notifcation schemes 'Reporter' is selected under 'Issue commented'
  • Customer notifications > public comment added = When a comment that is visible to your customers is added to the request/issue, your service desk sends all the customers involved on the request a notification. = This has been left as default settings.
  • Emai lnotifications are received when anyone else is the assignee, so the issue appears to be with Rob's account settings?

Not sure where else to go from here to resolve this, ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2017

Hi James,

I would try the Notification Helper to see what it reports:

Click the 'Gear' icon > Projects > click project > 'Notifications' from the right sidebar > Notification Helper page

You can also use the Keyboard shortcut: g + g +start typing 'Notification Helper'

If the issue lies with the configuration you will see something such as the following:

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 5.49.24 PM.png

Cheers,

Branden

James Long June 30, 2017

Hi Brendon,

Apologies, I forgot to mention this in my initial ticket.  I have already tested this functionallity and the notifcation helper advises that there should ne no issues.  Please see below.

Capture.JPG

I am the reporter of this ticket, and when Roberto comments on the ticket, I do not receive an email notiifcations avising this is the case.

Brad Kazazes July 24, 2017

Hi,

I've just confirmed the same problem today, but I can't tell you how long the problem has been going on for.

When a Jira issue is assigned to me, I am successfully receiving all comment notifications via email; however, when I'm a reporter, and someone else adds a comment, I am not receiving the notification.

My Default Notification Scheme (I only have one setup) shows the "Issue Commented" is set to All Watchers, Current Assignee & Reporter, and I see exactly the same results as James when running the notifcation helper.

I'm running Jira v7.3.7#73018-sha1:17f7a2e, and I can't see any related errors in the application logs, etc.

Brad Kazazes July 25, 2017

Just one additional note, that might help identify this issue, is that reporter notifications are being sent successfully for the Service Desk projects. This only seems to be a problem with the traditional Jira Projects.

I only setup Service Desk several months ago, which could coincide with this problem.

Iain Murphy February 19, 2019

did this issue ever get resolved? I am now weeing the same problem in our instance.

Mitchell Ekins May 21, 2019

I am also experiencing a very similar problem.

Suggest an answer