Reporter doesn´t receive notifications on Issue Created Event

Pablo da Silva _ACP-JA_ August 5, 2012

Dear All,

We are experiencing this issue again (JSP-115776). Issue Created event in notification scheme should notify the Reporter and all members of a Group. Group members receive the notifications, but Reporter doesn t. If we remove the user group, nobody receive notifications at all (even members of the removed group, so it is not Jira user related). On Issue Commented, Resolved, etc, Reporters receive the notifications normally, this issue only affects the Issue Created event.

Any ideas will be be very apreciated :)

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards

Pablo da Silva

Technical Functional Analyst

1 answer

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

Hey Pablo,

Perhaps one of the following configuration could be the culprit of our concern here:
- My Changes settings in the Reporter profile page. Kindly ensure that My Changes option is configured to 'Notify Me'

- Check the permission scheme, ensure that the Reporter is included in the Issue Created action

The following configuration is less likely to be related to our issue here:

- Check the Create Issue transition, make sure that there's a Post Function to fire Issue Created event

- And also, ensure that the Reporter have permission to access the issue (Permission Scheme, Issue Security Level)

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Ahmad

Suggest an answer