Report to show total issues resolved by Assignee - for yesterday and also month to date

Jason Michaud January 25, 2018

Is there a way to run a report on total tickets completed for yesterday and month to date by Assignee? On a Dashboard - I managed to create 2 views using one of the pre-configured gadgets. But I can only figure out how to do it for the last day (last 24 hours) and also for the last 4 weeks. Suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hi Jason, can you please clarify what do you mean by "tickets completed for yesterday and month to date". Does that mean all tickets resolved starting from the beginning of the current month until and excluding the current day?

Hi Ivan

Yes - We want to create 2 reports:

First report that displays all tickets (all issues types) resolved month to date (excluding the present day) - but grouped by Assignee.

Second report that displays all tickets (all issue types) resolved for the previous day and grouped by Assignee.

It's basically a workload grid that only shows what has been resolved for the previous day and month to date (excluding present day).

Hope that makes sense?

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Now it's perfectly clear!

Ok, here's what you need to do:

1) Create and save two filters, one for issues resolved yesterday, another for issues resolved since the beginning of the month until today. Use these JQLs respectively:

resolved >= startOfDay(-1) and resolved <= endOfDay(-1) and resolution is not empty
resolved >= startOfMonth() and resolved <= endOfDay(-1) and resolution is not empty

I've added a resolution check to exclude reopened issues from the results.

2) Now that you have these filters saved make sure you share them with all relevant users or groups because by default they are only visible to the creator

3) Add two "Issue statistics" gadgets to your dashboard and configure each of them to use one of the filters you've created. Set  'Statistic type' to 'Assignee'

Done!

Like # people like this

You are awesome Ivan!! Thank you very much! My organization just went live with Jira Service Desk a couple weeks ago and I led the implementation. There's a lot more I need to learn; so I hope that I can answer other people's questions in this community in the future as I learn more. 

Have a great day!

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2018

Glad I could help! Please mark this solution as "Accepted" if it resolved your issue.

Cheers!

James Fleming October 8, 2018

@Ivan Tovbinwhat about if I want to use a different time for example a reporting period which can be 2 weeks 4 weeks or anything in between?

James Fleming October 8, 2018

Btw I am using Jira software if that make any difference

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

Hi @James Fleming

I suppose you can use startOfWeek() and endOfWeek() functions for this. Check out this documentation for more info.

Hope this helps.

Les December 3, 2018

The problem I'm facing with this proposed solution is that once these tickets are resolved, they are either unassigned or assigned to someone other than the developer that worked on it. I can query by using the "was assigned" comparison operator, but I don't think that will work with the "Issue Statistics" gadget. Furthermore, I would have to know and specific each developer assignee ahead of time. 😟

Like maryna_topikha likes this
maryna_topikha November 26, 2020

I have the same problem with resolved & unassigned. 

Ryan McBryde May 5, 2021

I am curious, does the act of resolving an issue automatically remove the user assigned or is that a custom function that was added?

Patrick S
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2021

@[deleted]  - It's custom. They're probably doing it in a workflow post function.

Gomez_ Daniel July 27, 2022

@Ivan Tovbin thanks this helps out alot!

0 votes
Subhechhu Sahoo March 4, 2022

Hi Ivan, I followed your above steps and am able to see the results in my filter. However, when I add the Issue Statistics widget to my dashboard, I see a 'No Data Available' error. Can you please advise?

Subhechhu Sahoo March 4, 2022

never mind, works now after setting show resolved issue in statistics as Yes (default is No)

Suggest an answer