Report time logged per user over a given time period and project(s)

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

What is the least expensive/complicated way to get a report from JIRA that would:

1) Allow me to select a user, a time period, and one or more projects

2) Show me the logged hours for the user across the selected time period/projects

I get the feeling Tempo or Jplugs might be able to do this, but it looks like I'd pick up a lot of other features I don't need. I find the time tracking in JIRA to be mostly sufficient, I just need better reporting.

Thanks,

Jason

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012

I partially remebered there was plugin which can somewhat do what you want and after a bit of searching I was able to find it out so here you go https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin

3 votes
Elliot Gates July 22, 2018

Try the 'JIRA Assistant' Chrome add-on. Its free and means you dont need to add something onto your JIRA instance.

Sarthak_Mohanty May 9, 2019

Thanks Jira Assistant did my job 

Jeremy Greer September 23, 2019

So easy and fast.  Definitely works for me.

0 votes
BlueKai Support September 28, 2012

Make a dashboard with the Project Pivot gadget.

It can break down logged hours by team member by tickets/stories

It has a column with the Issue Key, which you can identify the project.

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

I don't see a listing for a "Project Pivot" gadget. Is that the correct name?

Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

Project pivot gadget is part of the plugin I mentioned https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2012

In that case you can get it developed from someone.

0 votes
Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2012

I'm sure it is easy if you know how - but I'd have to make it over the learning curve first. I was hoping I could just buy a solution.

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2012

Esiaset thing I can think of is to write a small report plugin :-)

Suggest an answer