It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Report time logged per user over a given time period and project(s)

What is the least expensive/complicated way to get a report from JIRA that would:

1) Allow me to select a user, a time period, and one or more projects

2) Show me the logged hours for the user across the selected time period/projects

I get the feeling Tempo or Jplugs might be able to do this, but it looks like I'd pick up a lot of other features I don't need. I find the time tracking in JIRA to be mostly sufficient, I just need better reporting.

Thanks,

Jason

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I partially remebered there was plugin which can somewhat do what you want and after a bit of searching I was able to find it out so here you go https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin

Try the 'JIRA Assistant' Chrome add-on. Its free and means you dont need to add something onto your JIRA instance.

Thanks Jira Assistant did my job 

So easy and fast.  Definitely works for me.

Esiaset thing I can think of is to write a small report plugin :-)

I'm sure it is easy if you know how - but I'd have to make it over the learning curve first. I was hoping I could just buy a solution.

In that case you can get it developed from someone.

Make a dashboard with the Project Pivot gadget.

It can break down logged hours by team member by tickets/stories

It has a column with the Issue Key, which you can identify the project.

I don't see a listing for a "Project Pivot" gadget. Is that the correct name?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you