Report time logged per user over a given time period and project(s)

What is the least expensive/complicated way to get a report from JIRA that would:

1) Allow me to select a user, a time period, and one or more projects

2) Show me the logged hours for the user across the selected time period/projects

I get the feeling Tempo or Jplugs might be able to do this, but it looks like I'd pick up a lot of other features I don't need. I find the time tracking in JIRA to be mostly sufficient, I just need better reporting.

Thanks,

Jason

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I partially remebered there was plugin which can somewhat do what you want and after a bit of searching I was able to find it out so here you go https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin

Esiaset thing I can think of is to write a small report plugin :-)

I'm sure it is easy if you know how - but I'd have to make it over the learning curve first. I was hoping I could just buy a solution.

In that case you can get it developed from someone.

Make a dashboard with the Project Pivot gadget.

It can break down logged hours by team member by tickets/stories

It has a column with the Issue Key, which you can identify the project.

I don't see a listing for a "Project Pivot" gadget. Is that the correct name?

Try the 'JIRA Assistant' Chrome add-on. Its free and means you dont need to add something onto your JIRA instance.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,088 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you