Report time between issue creation and a particular event

Jeffrey Davidson September 23, 2012

We're using JIRA to keep track of our legal contracts. I've got a request to report on the time that it takes between the creation of the issue and when version one has been completed. Is there a way that I could use a workflow step, a checkbox, or a date field to add to these legal issue types that I could show in some gadget on a dashboard.

The bar charts that report time between creation and resolution are perfect - we just want something similar that shows the time between creation and this particular event. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

If you are looking at time spent in each state in each individual issues, the transitions plugin will help.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Issue+Transitions+Tab

1 vote
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

Hi Jeffrey,

Withn JIRA Enhancer Plugin, you can define your own "Time Between" custom fields for two states that you select. And you can filter issues by this custom field as well.

Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn9-RDrSkrw screencast to see it in action.

Tuncay Senturk

1 vote
Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

you can write a simple groovy to capture the event time in a customfiled and u can see the elapsed time between the creation and particular event

Suggest an answer