Report on whether an issue in a certain status has one or more values in a muitl-checkbox field unticked

Graham Horsman September 14, 2014

Bit of a complicated one to explain but I'll try. 

We have a field called "cross browser testing" with values for various devices and browsers. I need to report on issued that are in a certain status ("Passed") where one more more values are not checked. JQL has an "EMPTY" function but sadly doesn't have a "NOT FULL" which would suit this case.

I have access to the DB (MySQL), JQL and I can install any (free) gadgets. I also have access to easyBI and dataplane reports but as yet haven't worked out how I might do this. My feeling is there must be a way to do this in JQL as we simply want to return a list of issues. Can anyone help?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2014

lets say you have in cross browser testing  three values (IE, Chrome, Firefox) the use:

status = Passed and ( "cross browser testing" != IE or  "cross browser testing" != Chrome or  "cross browser testing" != Firefox)

That should show you issues where not all three values are checked.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2014

add or "cross browser testing" is empty when you are in those interested as well.

Graham Horsman September 14, 2014

We'll give that a go, thanks!

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

In eazyBI you can create a report with various Measures on columns and Issues on rows. Then you can add Status to Pages and select status to show only issues in this status. 

It might be useful to import the "cross browser testing" custom field as dimension and add that to Pages as well to filter issues that do not have this value.

What is the type of "cross browser testing" custom field? Do you have it imported in eazyBI? 

You can also contact me directly at support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer