Report number of issues per user

Tony Pulickal March 10, 2014

I'm looking to do some spring cleaning and I would like to be able to query how many reported issues each user has. Is there some way to do this using the JIRA CLI or MySQL?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Rondeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

It should just be a count on assignee in the jiraissue table.

There are a lot of examples here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Example+SQL+queries+for+JIRA

But I don't have a canned script that can do it.

Tony Pulickal March 11, 2014

Perfect! Just needed the table name. Got it from here, thank you very much for your help.

1 vote
D PK March 10, 2014

Using JQL ... when searching for issues type in "AND assignee = .... "

Chris Rondeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

Yes this.. assignee not reporter. Misread the original question.

0 votes
Chris Rondeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2014

I don't have a SQL example handy, but in the advanced search for issues

reporter = <username>

Should return what you are looking for.

reporter = <username> OR reporter WAS <username>

Might be a little more useful, on the off chance anything changed.

Tony Pulickal March 10, 2014

Given that I will need to do this for nearly 4000 users, would you happen to have a suggestion for a programmatic example? After some inspection, the CLI cannot handle this type of query but I should be able to find out via SQL.

Suggest an answer