Report for total hours for a project & by person??

Barbara Simonds September 13, 2013

Hi, I'm a Project Manager for a small development company and am fairly new to Jira, Tempo, etc. Please forgive me if this is elsewhere but not seeing my exact question when searching.

I am being asked to report on how many hours (total to date) a project took by person. It seems that I should be able to get this info since each person logs work hours against a project. However, all I am able to find is by period (which appears to be either 2 weeks or monthly). Is there a way to modify the time frame I'm looking at? I did find one place that I thought would get me there and when I changed the start date, it reverted back to 2 weeks ago

I believe we use OnDemand - so I'm assuming that limits 3rd party plug-ins. Are there any that I can use from Atlassian to help with this issue?

Thanks in Advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2013

Hey Barbara,

Have you looked at the Tempo Timesheets plugin for Jira Ondemand? They do have an evaluation version you can try. The project timesheet displays total hours logged towards the project, and hours per person. Take a look at the documentation available at the link below.

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Project+Timesheet

Thank you

Bhushan

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2013

This is a simple plugin that gives you the hours but is not available for OnDemand.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stygian.jira.plugins.timereport

Suggest an answer