Report for active issues

Thomas Kelly July 11, 2013
Hello, In Jira I have multiple projects for customers. I also have multiple issue types that a customer can raise a request against. Eg: Support Ticket = Incident Reporting, Support Task = request for information etc. I have created a Dashboard with some useful gadgets, but the one thing I cannot figure out how to do is the following (I'm also not a coder or developer so writing adhoc code/queries is out of the question) :- Report on a daily bases X days back, the number of active (not resolved or closed) "Support Tickets". This is just a snap shot (i presume at the end of each day) the number of Support Tickets still open/not resolved. The idea here is to give me a bar chart of line graph that historical shows the "active" Support Tickets. Day 1 = 80, Day 2 = 85, Day 3 = 90, Day 4 = 87 etc

1 answer

0 votes
PhilB July 11, 2013

Have you looked at the Recently Created chart? It shows the number of issues created per day as well as how many of those have since been resolved. You can base it on an entire project or on a specific filter.

Thomas Kelly July 14, 2013
Hello. Yes, I've looked at this and this doesnt provide the info I'm looking for. Looking at the under lying logical of the bar chart ...(set to monthy) and hovering and reporting on the lower/unresolved part of the bar chart it provide the logic "project = XXXXX AND created >= 2013-07-01 AND created <= "2013-07-31 23:59" AND resolution = Unresolved". So these are discreet "within month" (or week or day or hour...whatever is set) counts of the unresolved for the selected Project XXXXX. This is not the rolling total of unresolved. This is the problem I'm having i.e. setting the weekly/monthly (whatever period) rolling total of unresolved issues (not the descreet number of them within a month).

Suggest an answer