Report both Project Name and Key?

Anthea Shaw June 15, 2015

I use the Reporting feature in the ICTIME plug-in to create reports of work logged by Project for utilisation.

This is a great feature however it does not let me export the 'Project Name' as well as the 'Project Key'?

I have a couple of projects which are generic as they relate to Support & Maintenance, I have added a custom field of 'Client'  so that I can relate a particular issue to a specific client but where the project key is for example 'TIWCLSM' it is not obvious in the report that the description is actually 'TIW Client Support & Maintenance'. The latter appears all over JIRA, how do I get the Project Name to be extracted in the Reporting option?

I have searched through previously asked questions and have not been able to find a clear response.

I would like to do this without having to ask a developer to write a specific query, can you advise me please?

1 answer

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Hi Anthea,

Exports simply do not contain the project name, only the project key. Feel free to add a feature request for this if you think the name is necessary, too (https://interconcept.atlassian.net/projects/ICTIME). A workaround could be to add a custom field (via respective third party add-ons) that is autoamtically pre-populated with the project name to all issues and to manually add this field to exports - but honestly, this does not seem to make much sense only to get the project name.

Best regards

Tobias

PD: Please tag this question with ictime so that it can be found better.

Suggest an answer