Replacing the traditional list of open issues with JIRA

Jay Stone January 5, 2018

My business uses traditional excel lists to record and track open points/issues.

It is proving very difficult to persuade our teams and Customers to adopt new working practises in Atlassian e.g. using JIRA to raise issues, assign, track etc as it seems overwhelming in comparison to just entering points in one excel document.

Are there any templates or recommendations out there which someone can point me towards which may help?

1 answer

1 vote
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Sometimes its very hard to demonstrate benefits until you're leading by example.  I find most Atlassian products sell themselves once introduced into an environment.

In your case, you might start with a trial license or with Trello.  There's lots of marketing video's out there and case studies, but if you have a few managers stuck in their ways, they likely won't listen until there's movement happening inside of teams doing the work.

Atlassian is also running a Team tour this year, and there's a ton of local user groups.  Perhaps they could come visit an event and take a peek at Jira.

Jay Stone January 7, 2018

Thank you, as a business we already have Confluence and JIRA but received no training as part of the role out (that’s a whole other topic!). I have work with iConfpuence/JIRA broadly on another project and am subsequently self taught via Atlassian help, PMI & Agile lates publication, YouTube etc. I have reached that point of diving in at the deep end. It really does not seem that difficult nor daunting for me and the team, it’s just the “One small step for my team one giant leap for my Customer” feeling. Instead setting up and rolling out I was hoping for an example work instruction/paper which may help?! Should I seek training from Atlassian? Certificates seem to give the illusion of capability and instil confidence.

Suggest an answer