Replacing custom field

oconnor.josh1 January 13, 2013

Hello Everyone,

what I want to do is replace a Label custom field with a multi select custom field. Aswell I want to convert all of its legacy data to the new values. Im not sure if there is any easy way of doing this. I think I will have to do some kind of bulk update but I dont beleave I can do that on closed issues. does anybody have any advice to give me?

Thank You.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Use JIRA Command Line Interface https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.atlassian.cli

Try the option copyFieldValue

0 votes
Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Bulk update can be done on closed issues also, you can cahnge the staus property to enable editing of closed issues

oconnor.josh1 January 17, 2013

How do you change the status property? I might be missing something here but I am not sure what you mean.

Suggest an answer