Replace "issues" with "activities" every where in jira

Tukaram Bhukya [L&T INFOTECH] April 9, 2014

We need to change/replace "issues" to "activities" in jira6.1.5. could you tell us where we have to apply changes so it will replace every where in jira. I made changes in JiraWebActionSupport.properties file that didn't reflect every where in jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2014

Where has this appeared to fail?

After login jira , we can find "Issue Navigator" and " dashboard" under MY JIRA Home

In Issue navigator filter "My Open Issues"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2014

Ah, that's a separate line of text from the general "issues" phrase, so you need to do more translating. I'm afraid you really do need to go through all the language files, not just JiraWebActionSupport.properties.

See https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Customizing+Text

I alread replaced "issues" with "activities" through out JiraWebActionSupport.properties file but i mentioned in above cases , it didn't take place . In you provided link also suggesting that change text in "JiraWebActionSupport.properties" only

I don't know in which other location if i modify in jira 6.1.5 , so it will take place

Zeeshan Malik July 7, 2019

Hi,

I want to customize Jira default fields names. For e.g I want to replace "Issue" with "Task" everywhere in Jira. I am able to replace most of it by editing WEB-INF\classes\com\atlassian\jira\web\action\JiraWebActionSupport.properties file. But still there are some places where it is not changes. For e.g when we click on "Issues" tab on home page there is a option "Import Issues from CSV".

Please help me where to change it?

Regards,

Zeeshan

Suggest an answer