Repetitative tasks in jira, automatic content generation in Confluence & notifications

Florian Stegmaier December 6, 2017

Hi all,

i have the following scenario that i want to implement with Jira and Confluence. Let´s say we have a running project. The project lead should receive each week an automised ticket to do his project status in the following way:

1. A task is created under a specific story in Jira with a designated assignee automatically each x days.
  2. While task creation, a specific content within Confluence should be created following a specific template x and linked to this particular task.
  3. Ideally, if the user did not edit the page within x days, a notification should be created via mail.

I have already seen addons like scheduler for Jira, but i do not really know how i could trigger the content creation within confluence nor the notification stuff.

Any help with this issue would be highly appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Hi Florian,

This is going to require a couple add-ons most likely.  It seems like you've already figured out how to create the issues automatically as you need. 

Next you need to create content within Confluence using a Template from a JIRA issue.  There is an add-on that I'm aware of called PageMe! - Create Pages from Jira Issues that can be of assistance.  Please note that add-on is only for Server and is not currently available for Cloud.  In addition, check out the Communities post How to automatically create a Confluence Page on Jira Issue Creation for some alternate ideas.

Finally, you would like a notification to go out if the page has not been edited.  Are you referring to the Confluence page or the JIRA issue?  If you're referring to the Confluence page that will need to be handled via Confluence's notification scheme. 

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer