Repair transitions after workflow has changed

Christian July 12, 2012

Hello,

I have changed the workflow scheme of a project with 800 issues to a different modificated scheme. Some states and transitions have been added, some others have been reverted.

Unfortunately now the transitions of some issues are not working anymore.
Example:
An old "Bug" that has the status "Open" is not able to be transitioned to "In Progress". I just can "Resolve" it.
But, if I creat a new "Bug", everything is working proper.

I also tried already to move back to the JIRA standard workflow scheme, but there the transition also was not working for the broken issues.

Have you got any idea what I can do to "repair" my issues?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Best regards,
Christian

My Version is JIRA 4.4.1

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2012

Also, sanity check your workflow - the "missing" transitions - are they a) there in the new workflow and b) have conditions that allow you to perform them?

Christian July 12, 2012

The conditions -> I think that s it, Thank you!

I am transferring to an KANBAN board, and it seams there is a condition that says just the assigned person is allowed currently (from the JIRA standard) from OPEN to IN PROGRESS.

Does greenhopper have a solution for that or would it be the best for me to change the conditions of each transition accordingly?

Christian July 12, 2012

I ll do, thank you Nic!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2012

Greenhopper is just a different way of looking at the Jira data, although it does add some of it's own stuff on top. You'll need to amend the transitions in Jira.

Suggest an answer