Reopening ticket is not clearing resolution

Audrey Bay November 4, 2019

We are using a JIRA simplified workflow and the post-function to clear resolution when any ticket is moved from done is already added, and in the first position. I'm cleaning up some tickets that had the wrong resolution so I'm moving them from Done to To Do and then closing them with the appropriate resolution, ie. Cannot Reproduce, but when it closes, the resolution still shows as Done. I can see in the history that the correct resolution is there, but it's not saving it. 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi @Audrey Bay ,

It is because you may have post function called The Resolution of the issue will be set to Done in Close Transition.

Please check your close transition post function.

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 12.55.42 AM.pngThanks,

Avinash

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.29.42 PM.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi @Audrey Bay ,

Remove post functions associated with resolution and publish the workflow. 

Try now and it will work as expected.

Thanks,

Avinash

@Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ I tried that, but when I reopen, the resolution doesn't clear at all.

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2019

Hi @Audrey Bay ,

For Close Transition , you need to remove post functions associated with Resolution.

For Reopen Transition , you need to clear out the resolution with post functions.

It will helpful to assist if you provide both transitions post functions screenshots.

Thanks,

Avinash

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

Agree, you seem to be showing the post function from the outgoing transition based on the behavior described. Please share both so we can better help you

@Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group Ok I think I know what you're saying. Let me try some things.

0 votes

@Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group This is what shows up in the history when I do this (see second photo)Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.21.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.22.08 PM.png

Then, this is what shows in JIRA after I have hit the "Done" button even though I chose Descoped as my resolution.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.22.20 PM.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

From The history tab we can see that the resolution  is set but afterwards you have a poat function that changes it to done. 

You need to edit the workflow and remove the post function

@Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group I posted a screenshot of my post-functions above and I do not have a post-function that sets it to done, it is supposed to clear it.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019

Hello @Audrey Bay , could you send a couple of print screens so I can review in more detail what you're saying. It would be good to have a print screen from the history tab of one of those tickets

Suggest an answer