Reopening Ticket in next-gen

Karim Joseph_ Jr_ October 7, 2019

If a ticket is moved to the far right column, it is given a resolution of "done". Moving it out of the far right column (as if to reopen the issue) does not appear to remove that "done" state. All of this is in a next-gen project. How can I change the resolution so that the ticket doesn't disappear at sprints end?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karim Joseph_ Jr_ October 11, 2019

Paraphrasing the Atlassian Support provided solution...

In next-gen, column positions define it's limited workflow (not saying next-gen has old school Jira workflows).

Somehow, a post-function that clears the "done" resolution was removed from columns to the left of the right most position in my project. The post-function should initially be on all columns not in the right most position. After this, the post-function that clears the done resolution is only added to a column when the column is moved from the right most position.

In order to reset this post-function, each non-done column needs to be moved to the right most position, then back to its original position.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

w/ NG boards when you move to Done column (far-right) you should get a checkmark and if you move back it should clear. Example...

Done...

ng-done.jpg

undone...

ng-undone.jpg

Karim Joseph_ Jr_ October 7, 2019

@Jack Brickey,

Thanks for the quick reply. Not working though.

The check mark remains when moving from right to left.
I have 4 columns (left to right). ToDo, Doing, Reviewing/Accepted, Done.

I have tried moving the ticket from "Done" to each of the other columns. No luck.
The check mark disappears for a moment, then reappears.

This a bug I should be addressing with support?

Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

yes, i would suggest bringing it to Atlassian Support's attention. There isn't much configuration w/ NG especially where workflow behaviors come into play.

Suggest an answer