Renderer on Jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Hi All

I want to know is there any significant difference between default text renderer and wiki style renderer.

What I mean is I already have 50 odd projects which confirm to default text renderer and if I switch to wiki style renderer by flipping the button on the default field configuration will it affect in any way to the historic issues that were created with the renderer set as default text?

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2012

The data does not change. The renderers just draw it on-screen differently. So you can swap between renderers without any risk beyond the users writing the data as though it's for the wrong renderer.

My other half gave me a good analogy once - glasses. When she and I look at the same picture, we see different things. When I put my glasses on, I see the same as her. Then we try it with sunglasses and see it differently again. The picture has not changed, just the way we look at it.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

It will affect all issues - old and new. Renderer just renders what is stored in the database. You can change the renderer and see the same data differently.

Suggest an answer