Renaming the 'None' option in security level (JIRA)

Hi

IN Jira, the security level field has an option None which when selected does not apply any security to the issue and the issue becomes visible to all (provided you have browse project permissions)

The issue we are facing is that there is a security risk that if a reporter accidently selects None in the security field then that issue becomes visible to all.

One of the solution we have thought is to make the None option more explicit by renaming it to 'ISSUE WILL BE VISIBLE TO ALL' sort of a statement. My question is- is it possible to rename the None text in the security level dropdown? If yes, please suggest how.

If you have any other solution to my root problem of accidently selecting None security level then please feel free to mention it.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 votes

Make the filed mandatory. The user will then be forced to select one.

Renaming requires modifying the system velocity templates.

Actually, you can have a new security level which is virtually public and let the user select that one!

Nope. He won't be able to. Editing the template might be the only option in that case!

Hi Jobin

Thanks for your answer.

If I make the field mandatory, can the user still submit his issue with dropdown selected as None?

Rahul

What about setting the desired issue security level as the default then hiding the Security Level field from any screens for the project? Got that as a hint from https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-you-restrict-external-partners-in-a-project-to-see-only/qaq-p/114079

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,774 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot