Renaming status workslow button broken

Colin Knowles August 13, 2014

I wanted to rename the default status buttons -->

I followed another users instructions to delete the jira.i18n.title associated with the status button in question for my workflow - this did rename the status button from the default to the name of the next step in the workflow, perfect. BUT, I now have an edit window that pops up everytime a user selects the status button simply wanting to advance to the next step in the workflow.

I'm guessing that I'm missing something basic here.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2014

Your question sounds like you are trying to rename buttons that appear on issues to provide "click me to move through the workflow"

Those buttons draw their name from the name of the transitions in the workflow. You don't muck around with i8n files or anything horrid like that, you just change the names in the workflow.

Unless I've misunderstood the question?

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hi Colin,

You are raising a question for JIRA OnDemand instance, and you mention you deleted the jira.i18n.title property. How did you manage to do that? Are you sure you are not using JIRA Server?

Also, are you referring to the workflow transition names? What exactly are you trying to do?

Suggest an answer