Renaming a user in Crowd and Ticket disassociation in JIRA?

Gianna Migliorisi October 10, 2014

Hi - so Crowd 2.7 supports user renames \o/

When we attempted to rename a user in Crowd 2.7 hooked up to JIRA 6.0.8, the rename happened as expected, but I was also expecting that the issues associated with the old username would now be associated with the new username, and that didn't happen...

Is this due the version of JIRA we're running, or is this expected behavior?

1 answer

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2014

Hi Gianna,

So, what happened to the issues from the old username? Did the username was still present (greyed out)?

In the meantime, I believe you can use Script runners builtin script called "rename a user ID" to merge those usernames:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Gianna Migliorisi October 14, 2014

Yes, the username was still present, greyed out and associated with the issues, the user was greyed out. Hmm, ok. I was hoping Atlassian would handle this gracefully since this is a feature they now support :) Do you happen to know if JIRA 6.1 or later handles this better? JIRA 6.1 supports user renames but I thought that was for only the internal directory...

Suggest an answer