Renamed user has some problems in JIRA 6.1

DJX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

My issue is similar to: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/250787/after-renaming-usernames-in-jira-6-1-4-worklogs-do-not-expand-author-correctly-in-rest-api

Basically, I renamed a user and it works most places - but not everywhere. Specifically, I have a few plugins (like Watchers plugin and JJUPIN) that seem to be using the user_key instead of lower_user_name. Is there a better solution to doing a complete rename other than the laborious SQL queries mentioned in the linked article?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DJX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

As mentioned by @Luther, there is not a pretty solution to this. There will be ugly SQL queries, chewed finger nails, sweat, and possibly tears when you have to rename your user's login inside JIRA.

0 votes
DJX
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2014

Thanks for providing confirmation of the issue. My solution was to contact the plugin vendors and let them know of the issue caused by Atlassian's design of user names. Apparently no one at Atlassian ever gets married ;) Otherwise this issue would be much more obvious!

0 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

If there is, I haven't found one. Until JIRA modifies how it stores usernames in SQL, it is going to be difficult. They use pointers currently to handle name changes, instead of updating the user_key (which shouldn't be a 'key' in the first place).

Suggest an answer