Rename user Bug?

DJX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

I'm using JIRA 6.0.1 and I renamed a user a few weeks ago. I just noticed that some tasks that I create using Kepler's JJupin SIL scripts have an issue with this renamed user.

I see these issues with the username showed under the "assignee" column instead of that user's displayed name. Other issues show up fine with the user's Display Name in the Assignee box. Also, if I search for issues with that user's login, I only get the issues that show the Display Name, and not the username.

How can I fix this? It's becoming a big problem that certain issues aren't coming up under searches even though they're assigned to the correct user.

* Edit *

I've looked into this and found out that the Assignee field as exposed by SIL still shows the old username. I looked at the app_user table and see a mapping that shows the old user name and the new user name.

Is there any danger in editing this table? Or should I contact the JJupin vendor as this is on their side?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DJX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

After executing the queries mentioned in this post: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/266871/renamed-user-has-some-problems-in-jira-6-1I was able to get everything working. Though, the good guys over at Kepler also took care of it by updating their libraries to handle renamed users, in their plugins at least.

Suggest an answer