Rename attachments project directory

Deleted user December 28, 2017

Hi,

I want to do an import of a project from a different jira instance with the same name as a project in the current jira.

I renamed the current project, so i can import the one from the different instance without any problems. However the problem starts when trying to copy the attachments over.

Since the renamed project does not rename the directory in the attachments map. i cannot simply copy over the directory from the different instance, since there might be an overlap.

What is the best way to handle this situation

2 answers

0 votes
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2017

@Alexey MatveevIs right, you cannot user old project key for new projects, or imported projects editing-a-project-key

You won't be able to create a new project with the old project key.

So you have a few workarounds:

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2017

Hello,

You mean that you want to import a project with the same key not the same name? When you change the key for a project the old key remains in the system that is why you have the error.

I would advise you to use special tools which will let you to import a project with attachements. Something like Project Configurator

https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/PCP/Supported+types+of+objects

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events