There is an article titled Renaming System Fields in JIRA that can help you rename this field:
You cannot rename standard, out of the box fields in JIRA. This includes filelds like Summary, Description, Labels, Versions, etc.
There is a New Feature request to better handle this, as tracked in JRASERVER-21293 - Rename any system field via the admin section Open
The workaround is to use modify a Language Pack to carry the values you want then install it:
- Go to Atlassian Translations
- Download the appropriate Language and version you are looking to modify
- Unpack the JAR file
- Navigate to <Language_Pack_Unpack>/com/atlassian/jira/web/action
- Open JiraWebActionSupport_<LANGUAGE>.propertiesThis file contains all the names for the fields and areas in JIRA. You'll need to make according changes to this file to rename fields.As an example, if you wanted to change the column heading for "Priority" under the Issue navigator, you'll want to change...issue.column.heading.priorityWhen finished with modifying the file, re-pack the entire contents of the folder.
- You can zip the contents then just change the extension to .jarInstall the jar using Managing add-ons document.If your modifications do not look correct, uninstall the plugin and fix your modifications.
There is a Atlassian Labs in-JIRA translation add-on that can help you to customize more quickly and safely that the method listed above.
Please be sure to vote on JRASERVER-21293 and add your use case to the comments to add impact.
Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs