Removing strike-though on resolved issues / sub-tasks that are moved to unresolved

Harrison Fortier May 7, 2013

We are using Greenhopper for the Agile cards view. I have several different workflows for different tasks / issue types. But on the card view obviously some of the workflow states map to the same column.

We have some subtasks whose final state is Done, but you can "reopen" / "rework" the subtask for various reasons. This is part of our workflow that I wrote. However after moving a sub tasks to the Done state, when we reopen it and move it out of done, the issue name keeps the strike-through that was added when the issue was put into the Done state.

I would like to remove the strikethrough if any issue / sub-task is moved from the Done state.

I've lookd at several similar threads:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95752/strike-through-on-resolved-issue

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/115319/removing-strike-through

But the answers never clearly stated how to do this. I've spent a bunch of time in the workflow editor and trying to edit my states / transitions. I've looked at the properties / conditions / validators / post-functions.

No where am I seeing where when an issue / sub-task is moved to Done that it marks the issue as Resolution: "fixed".

I know the solution would be to change my transition from Done to my not-done states to set the issue resultion to be: "Unresolved" - but I have no idea where / how to do this. If I had found where it was switching the issue to resolution "fixed" then I would have copied that method for unsetting the resolution on state transition - but I could not.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2013

I suspect you're getting the resolution from the screen the transition into "done" goes through, it's not always set by post function.

To remove it on the way out of "done", add a post-function to each transtion out of "done". The post-function should seay "set field resolution to none/empty" or "clear resolution field". Have a look at the default Jira workflow if you're stuck - that does it.

I did as you suggested. I set the reolution to 'Incomplete' (all of the others didn't seem to match). Then when i moved one of my issues back, the resolution updated to 'Incomplete' from 'Fixed' - however the strike through is still present. Any more suggestions? I thought that would fix it but it did not :S I will try clearing the resolution field instead and see if that fixes the problem but at this point im suspecting the strike through is not tied to the resolution field like I initially thought (as per what was mentioned in other threads).

Ok when I clearned the resolution it fixed the strike through. Yay! Here is what my actual post fuction looked like for anyone else in the future:

The Resolution of the issue will be cleared.

Thanks Nic.

Chintan Patel July 16, 2014

How did you added this post function? as for me pre-defined post functions are appearing so cannot add the on you mention,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2014

It is one of the pre-defined ones - just add "update issue field" and select "resolution" from the list.

Suggest an answer