Removing priority field

Jeff Storey June 5, 2013

I removed the priority field from some issue types in JIRA by changing the field configuration scheme, but it only seems to affect newly added issues for the greenhopper boards. Issues that were previously open show the priority field when looking at the greenhopper scrum/kanabna board, the arrows indicating priority still show up.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

I think you have to remove the priority value of the existing issues, which is not possible through the UI.

You can use Script Runner plugin and write a script to remove the priority from all existing issues.

Henning

Jeff Storey June 5, 2013

Thanks for the suggesting. I was able to remove all of the priorities (verified in the database), but the priorities still show up on the board...

Jeff Storey June 5, 2013

After a database index, all is working. Thanks.

Amy Foster July 28, 2014

Can you please share the code you used to remove prioirity.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Beware that if you hide Priority in a field configuration, then most of the canned JQL queries in the project tab "Issues" will break.

0 votes
Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2014

Hi Henning, 

Can you please advise how did you use script runner plugin to remove priorities from some of the issue types?

I would like to remove them from 'test' and 'risk'

Thanks

Naama

Suggest an answer