Removing path "/jira" from every incoming request

Hi,

I'd need assistance in configuring an URL rewrite. I dont have Apache integrated to Jira, I'm using the Linux JIRA Standalone installation.

We change our entry point for Jira from "jira.domain.com/jira" to "newjira.domain.com". So currently, both domains are pointing to our JIRA instance. We now have 100s of links like "jira.domain.com/jira/browse/key-232" that wont work anymore. I need JIRA to remove the path "/jira" from every incoming request, so that above URL will end up as "jira.domain.com/browse/key-232".

How can I achieve that without having Apache integrated?

There's an urlrewrite.xml in my WEB-INF folder. What do I have to put in there to make this happen and how can I make sure that my urlreqrite.xml is enabled?

Thanks for your help & Cheers,
Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

339 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you