Removing default 'Workflow Transition Buttons' - Selected for development

J M H August 18, 2017

Im currently at a loose end with workflow transition buttons. 
attachment1.png(Attachment1)

attachment2.png(Attachment 2)

In attachment1 you can see that a button is present entitled 'Selected for development'. However as you can see from the workflow designer in attachment2 this transition doesn't exist and there are no properties associated - my question therefore is where is this information being surfaced from and how can I remove it since it is not part of the desired flow?

Any help would be much appreciated.

(Note JIRA version is the latest as of 18/08/2017)

Thanks 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

I've seen this happen when someone was editing a copy of a default workflow.

One of the edits they made to the flow was to rename the "start progress" transition.  They did something with the i8n property on the transition, and it ended up showing their name for it on the buttons, but stuck with start progress in the diagram, just like you have. 

Edit the workflow, and have a look at the transition you think it is - check it for properties!

J M H August 18, 2017

I think that is what has happened here, you are right. 

I edited the default workflow and believe this transition was put in place for the 'In refinement' column as that is where the button directs the issue to. However it was then subsequently deleted and is still behaving incorrectly on the 'view issue' screen. 

The text editor shows that its currently present in every step - however when I select 'delete transitions', 'selected for development' is not present. TextMode.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

Hmm.  Two things to try

1.  Copy the workflow to a new one - can you edit that one correctly to remove (or at least rename) the transition?

2.  Add a new transition to the workflow.  Note the id in brackets after its name in the text view, then delete it.  When you get to the "confirm" bit, note the url the confirm button takes you to.  It will have an ID= in it that matches the transition id.  Copy that url and replace the ID with 21, and paste the url back into the browser

J M H August 18, 2017

1. No, behaviours the exact same as the original. 

2. There is no longer a confirmation page it auto deletes the new transition. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2017

Bother.  I thought the delete was confirmed.  If you can think of a way to get the url out though, replacing the dummy id with 21 should still work

J M H August 29, 2017

I resolved by simply taking the long route. 

Created a new workflow that mirrored the existing one, reassigned the project workflow scheme then subsequently deleted the buggy original.

Cheers all. 

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2017

Hi,

I would advice looking at the workflow in text modus, there you can see the name of your transitions much better.

Look here: 

http://<your-jira-url>/secure/admin/workflows/ListWorkflows.jspa

and find the workflow that is used in your project. Klick on "View" and then select the text representation.

Suggest an answer