Removing a Gadget globaly

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2014

Hi there,

we have a the Plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ja.jira.plugin.searchrequest

We installed that in Jira 3.X because the Plugin had the possibility to add columns/customfields into the filter-results on any dashboard.

The default one from Jira wasn't able to do so.

Now the Jira-Gadget can add Columns/Fields into those filter-results on Dashboards and we want to remove the Plugin.

If we deactivate/remove the plugin, an error on the Dashboard appears that the Gadget is not known.

Is there any way to "migrate" the old gadget-url into the new one? Within Jira or directly in the database? Where is the configuration or the where are the Dashboards with the Gadgets saved in the database?

Of course we can just say our users: change your dashboard-gadgets but an automatic way would be nice...

Kind regards
André

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2014

Hi Andre,

I don't believe there is a way to easily migrate the old gadgets URL to the new one - I would recommend you to double-check this with the plugin vendor.

The information about the dashboards and gadgets are stored, respectively, on the portalpage and the portletconfiguration tables in the Database (see JIRA DB Schema).

Running the query below should retrieve all your Dashboards, and the gadgets included in them (with their respective IDs):

select PP.ID as Dashboard_ID, PP.pagename as Dashboard_Name, PC.ID as Gadget_ID, PC.gadget_xml
from portletconfiguration PC
join portalpage PP on PC.PORTALPAGE = PP.ID

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2014

Hi Danilo,

that could help. I will have a look in that query and see if I can alter that column with the new gadget-xml.

Thanks and kind regards
André

Jan Krystof August 11, 2014

Hi,

I tried to update the `PC.gadget_xml` but it had no effect.

Jan

Suggest an answer