Removed "Check Approval" workflow condition is restored upon JIRA restart

Daniel Andrew Felipe January 23, 2017

As I wanted to treat a particular approval as optional during a workflow step, I removed this condition

Check Approval Condition - Users can execute this transition only if the configured Approvals are already satisfied.

... from the transition to allow users to move on to the next step regardless if the approvals have been fulfilled or not.

This worked perfectly until we did a restart and promptly found that this condition rose from the dead afterwards.

Is there a configuration somewhere I'm missing or this is something that the add-on is designed to do which is put the approval condition on all workflow transitions it sees?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Hi Daniel,

You can configure a particular approval as optional during a workflow step by setting the MRA to None.

The Herzum approval documentation illustrates this setting at https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Minimum+Requested+Approvals+%28MRA%29+Configuration.

The answer to your question is yes, the add-on is designed to put the approval condition on all workflow transitions.

Sincerely,

Antonella

1 vote
Daniel Andrew Felipe January 24, 2017

Hello Antonella,

Thanks for clarifying. I've done the above and I'm able to get the same desired behavior from removing the condition by just setting the MRA. However, I do have a number of these optional approvals in my instance and removing that condition was a pretty effective way of applying this caveat across all projects that subscribe to this workflow.

Now I have to manually set their MRAs one by one. But it is a small price to pay I guess. Just my $0.02

Nevertheless, thanks for the quick and detailed response.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Suggest an answer