Removed a status from my board, now can't find stories

Michael July 11, 2017
I removed a status from my board. Now when I look at my backlog, I can't find dozens of stories. They're out there somewhere and I can find them using search. But there are too many to remember. How do I recover these stories so they show in my backlog? FYI, it appears that removing the status column from my board also removed that workflow status with no warning of this mess. Any help is appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

Is this a Core business board, a Scrum, or a Kanban board?

Michael July 11, 2017

Hi Nic. It's a Scrum board.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

Ok, that's good. 

A Scrum (and actually Kanban too) are usually views onto issues, not issue containers.  If you're using a non-simplified workflow then you've not done any damage to any of your data.  (If you're on simplified then you might have, but JIRA would have asked you to confirm that you wanted to change the status of a load of issues)

The simple fix is to put the status back into a column.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

Hi Michael

I assume when you say you removed the status, it was via the Board Settings -> Columns? If so, go back there and there is a section on the right hand side of the screen titled Unmapped Statuses which should still have the removed status. The status needs to appear in one of the columns, so drag it into the most appropriate one.

If that isn't how you removed the status, add that info in so we can better help you.

I hope this helps

Warren

Suggest an answer