Removed a required field from a screen still makes that field required entry on new issues

Christopher Reitci January 8, 2018

I have a required field on a screen that is no longer needed.  I remove that field from the screen.  However now when creating new issues, that field is still required even though it does not show on the screen.

How can I fix this?

4 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hello,

You need set this filed not required in the project field configuration scheme. You can find more information here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/changing-a-field-configuration-844500798.html

0 votes
Greg Aquino May 31, 2018

I am also having this kind of issue. Making the field 'optional' is not an option for me because on other projects, that field is a 'required' field and I don't want to make it an optional field for all associated screens.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2018

I'm afraid you don't have any choice here.  You either have to make the field optional, or include it on the screen so your users can set it.  Those are your only options.

Mandatory/optional has nothing to do with screens.  This is a flag you set in the field configuration for the issue type in the project.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2018

Just use a different field configuration scheme for the project were it isn't required. 

Like Steve Mills likes this
0 votes
Christopher Reitci January 8, 2018

Changing this field to optional worked.  Thanks.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2018

Make the field optional in the field configuration, or remove it from the context for the project (the second one will destroy any data in issues the field was on)

Suggest an answer