Remove user's ability to change avatar

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

Hey

Is it possible to disable users ability to change their own avatar. All our users are defined in AD. These are imported in jira. In the AD they also have a picture. But this is not imported into jira, so im force to add avatar pictures manually. But people keep changing their avatar.

1 answer

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

I think we cannot do it from Jira User Interface. But the following link suggest some alternative

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/80851/how-to-disable-avatars-globally-in-jira

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

I'm not interested in disabling user avatars. I just want to disable the ability for users to change their own avatars. So only admins can control them.

YEVGENIY ALEXANDROVICH PONOMAREV March 13, 2020

Did you found answer on your question? I have the same question :)

Suggest an answer