Remove transition from workflow step

Esther Strom, ACP-JA July 2, 2015

I'm working on a workflow I inherited from someone else. They have a status (step) of Closed, and it has transitions of Reopen, which is fine, and Close. That doesn't make sense; it's already closed. So I wanted to remove that transition. When I click Remove Transitions, though, the only one available is Reopen. When I click on the actual Close transition, I get a chart of how it's associated with steps, and this message: "Transition is available to ALL steps in the workflow."

How do I remove this transition from a step where it doesn't belong?

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2015

They may have put the close > close transition so they can fix the resolution. I did that once. Check to see what fields are displayed when doing it. I also limited the transition to the project lead.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2015

You can't really do it, the point of the "all" is that you can use it from any status.

If you're determined, then delete the "all" transition, and create a new one for one status into closed.  Then you can reuse it for all the other status -> closed transitions

Suggest an answer