Remove the "None" option from radio buttons in JIRA OnDemand?

Andrew Miller April 24, 2013

All of the answers deal with the server version. Is there anyway to do this in OnDemand, which does not have the ability to import XML workflows?

I've tried to hack it with conditions (value = "Option 1" and != "None" / value = "Option 2" and != "None") or check boxes (which provide their own conundrum, allowing user to select any combination of "Option 1", "Option 2" and "None", including not selecting any options) and select list (which has the same "None" issue). The issue still gets lost in an open loop when "None" is selected".

If I am unable to remove "None" as an option (which I'm totally fine with), the desired behavior is that the workflow stays in its current status with buttons for transitions. Is there a way to program transition without a button showing up? That would allow me to acount for the presence of "None" and still enforce the workflow. Does this make sense?

Any advice or assistance you can provide in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Miller August 5, 2013

Hi Bhushan;

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. It's not possible to set the custom field as a required field as it is not on the "Open" screen (See JRA 5783). JIRA will not allow the issue to be created.

It would be nice, after entering "Options" to select, to be able to remove the "None" option. Are there other custom fields I can program my conditions around that do not have "None"?

Thanks!

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi Andrew,

Two parts to your question:

1. Disable none option

Even in the "Download" version, this requires modifying the edit-select.vm file so I am quite sure the OnDemand version would not support this.

2. Disable transition

You will need a workflow condition and make your select list field a required field. This way, if None is selected, you will not be able to see the button for the next transition.

There is also a feature request related to this. If your custom field is a required field, the None option does not show up.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7687

Suggest an answer