Remove the default fields on view screen

sachin reddy May 9, 2017

I would like to remove these below fields on my view screen:

Affect versions
Fix versions

Project type: Software
Issue Type: Document

I have a different associated to the create, view and edit screen for this particular project and for this issue type, but when I create a issue I see the fields that I have configured which is cool, but when I look at the view screen I see the fields that are not even part of my view screen.

Can you please help me understand how can I remove the above fields that I mentioned.Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 3.04.41 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason D Smith May 9, 2017

You can "hide" them in the field configuration for the project. This can have strange (usually minor) consequences, so keep it in mind in case people ask about related functionality later.

sachin reddy May 9, 2017

So do I have to create a new field configuration for this particular project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2017

Yes, you need a new field configuration, unless you want to hide the fields everywhere the existing configuration is used.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2017

It looks like in your case you only want to hide them from a particular issue type, probably in every project. Field configuration schemes can be tailored by issue type so simply hide them from that issue type. 

sachin reddy May 11, 2017

How can I hide n number of fields by bulk? Is it doable?

0 votes
sachin reddy May 11, 2017

I have a doubt here - can I have different field configuration for different project for a different issue type?

Like I want a different field configuration set up for an issue type "task" in one of my projects, but I dont want it to affect another projects of mine which has issue type task.

Suggest an answer