Remove reference to portal in email notification

Ron Lindstrom July 20, 2016

So we are running JIRA (7.1.2)Service Desk(3.1.2) and have enabled email requests.  The notifications sent out reference --the "portal"

--

You can reply directly to this email to add any further comments or attachments.

See request details and updates for SO-123 - "Getting notification of new created case"
https://URLOFSERVER/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/10/SO-123?sda_source=notification-email

--

The problem is we are not allowing access to the portal at this time.  How can I remove the text from the notifications?  We'd prefer not to get tickets about "Link doesn't work!"

1 answer

0 votes
Angelo Dimopoulos November 16, 2016

Ron, did you ever find a solution? We're facing the same problem.

Ron Lindstrom November 16, 2016

From Atlassian?  Not yet.  Only way we found was to have all outgoing mail scrubbed before being sent.

Angelo Dimopoulos November 18, 2016

I managed to figure out an alternative method. By unpacking jira-servicedesk-<ver>.jar from the installed-plugins directory and modifying sd-i18n.properties and issue-conversational-notifications.soy, you can modify the footers and remove the references to the portal.

I assume the modifications will get wiped anytime you do an update to JSD, but it's not a lot of work to redo them.

Suggest an answer