Remove "Filter Results:" text from gadget title on dashboard

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

I want to remove the "Filter Results:" text from the title of my filter results gadget on my dashboard. I believe I might have to edit the XML file and give it a blank title... could someone tell me where to find this file or what it is called? Thanks.

Capture.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

It is slightly easier in this case because the gadget gets that text from the i18n property files. You can modify the gadget.filter.results.specific.title property in JiraWebActionSupport.properties file under atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/jira/web/action folder. You will need a restart.

Having said that, I will pass it if I can because you will have to keep doing this for every upgrade. A better option might be to rebuild the filter-result gadget, as a new plugin, and modify the title in gadget xml. You just need to start using the gadget from the new plugin.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2017

Thank you! I edited the gadget.filter.results.specific.title in JiraWebActionSupport.properties by taking out the "Filter Results:" part of the title and then saved it and then restarted my JIRA service. However, it still looks the same on the dashboard. Is there something else I am missing to make it accept the change? Thanks for the help!

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2017

What is the language configured in your JIRA instance?

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2017

Java, I'm assuming?

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2017

Sorry, I should have been clear. I am asking about the user langauge. Is it English (US) or English (UK)? If you are using a different langauge, and not the default one, your property file will be inside the i18n jar file.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2017

English (US.) It is working now, Thank you so so much!

Madhavi Kurapati February 10, 2020

Hi,    

I also have the same question , But I am not able to find the 'gadget.filter.results.specific.title' to edit.can you please help me to find that file?thank you..

Nayereh Keramatnezhad April 7, 2020

check your file with this name JiraWebActionSupport.properties in this path: 

atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/jira/web/action

0 votes
Monika Antos October 20, 2017

New feature was released in July, where dashboard gadgets can now be renamed in JIRA. Just hover on the gadget's title bar and select the more (…) button. Then, choose Rename.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2018

Is this for the Cloud version only? I am using a Server version and don't see that option

Eilyn Peña August 24, 2018

Same issue as Tiffany!

I cannot see the "Rename" option in Server version

Regards

Eilyn

Colinda Goormans-Francke March 25, 2019

Here the same problem. Would love to be able to rename it. 

The solution to modify the JiraWebActionSupport.properties seems complicated to me. A simpe rename would be great!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2017

You'll need to find the atlassian-plugin.xml file in the source code, I think the file you will need to open up is jira-gadgets-plugin.<some number>.jar as that will contain that file.

Suggest an answer